Thursday 11 June 2015

The view from my flat in Timmerlah.

 
From my lounge window, I have this lovely view of the fields of corn (this year I think) and of the main road from a distant Weststadt and Broitzem.   The railwayline from Berlin to Hannover runs to the right of the photo.  The trees have visibly grown since I was here last in 2013, and a local ginger cat likes to walk along the tractor lines in the corn fields, chasing the local mice.
 
The weather is good at the moment, a little too hot for me, but storms are expected over the weekend, and temperatures will be much lower next week.  Thank goodness for that. 

 
On a clear day the view from the front window reveals the distant "Brocken" in the Harz Mountains.  It is not possible to see it in the photo, nor is it possible to see the windpark with its spinning windmills.   I named one of the mills, "Zyphrus" because he works so much harder than the others on his hill top location.  The railwayline to Hannover runs from left to right just where the tractor wheel lines end, (glad it stopped there!)

 
The view from the third window is greatly changed since a baby boy was born to the Russian family in 2013.  He is now a toddler, and wanders around the garden kicking a ball, and poking the plants on his father's vegetable patch with a stick.  A climbing frame now stands in the garden, and the lovely thick hedge that hid the road, has been cut down and replaced with a thin plastic fence.  Not very good as a road noise excluder, I think.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment