Monday 11 July 2016

it´s Monday, so off to Hamburg, Schleswig, Lübeck and back to Hamburg on Friday..

 Hamburg viewed from the River Alster.

I`m meeting two good friends in Hamburg for a week´s holiday in Schleswig Holstein, the birthplace of my email partner.   I´ll spend one night here in a hotel, and then on Tuesday we will travel to...................................................

 Schleswig, the birth place of my Hamburg email friend.

We are spending two nights in an hotel here in Schleswig, to walk around M´s birthplace, and also to visit the Viking Museum in Hedeby on Wednesday.  

On Thursday we´ll travel to........................................................................

 Lübeck, to see the Holstentor, and many other interesting historical sights.
 
I have always wanted to visit Lübeck, and this year my wish has been granted.  The city is on the "North German Gothic Brick Trail" together with Stralsund, the city I visited last week, and also Lüneburg, and many other north German cities where stone was not available for building, so millions of bricks had to be manufactured from the local clay. 
 
On Thursday afternoon, we will travel back to..........................

Hamburg.   The "Princess of the Seas" in Harbour.
 
On Friday 15th July, after a good breakfast, I'll travel back to Braunschweig for tea time.
I will post all the news and photos next week.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely trip, enjoy! A word: did you call my mobile this afternoon 1300h 11thJuly? No signal, so couldn't answer. Went to Voicemail - then told it was switched OFF. (Oh dear!) Hope you are OK. Love, Angela XX

    ReplyDelete