Monday 23 April 2012

The Flat

The big lounge.
For those of you who have not seen my flat, before, here it is.  It is rather on the large side for me, but I have arranged the furniture to form a cosy corner around the television. There are windows on three sides, and when the sun shines, it is beautifully bright and cheerful.  The electronically operated blinds can control the amout of light and sun that gets into the room, and on a hot day, I can completely block out the sun.  I have a desk in the corner for my music, and I prefer to use the table for my new laptop.  Life here is comfortable and good.
The lounge with my new laptop.
The large lounge with my laptop and a nice cup of tea on the table.  I don't feel that I have been away for six months, it seems only yesterday that I was last here waiting for the Mayor of Bath and his delegation to arrive.   I couldn't miss that chance to dine with the mayors of both cities in all the best places in Braunschwieg.

Kitchen
I get lost in this kitchen as it is so big, and it's  a long walk from here back to the lounge carrying a cuppa and a hot meal. 
Comfy bed.
Here's the bedroom with a nice large bed in which to spread out.  There is a second bedroom this size, in which my son stayed last year.  I've two friends visiting this year, and they can sleep in style.

The view below is from the lounge window towards Weserstrasse.  I walk this way in the mornings along a path, weather permitting, as it is only a mile to the tram stop for the 12 minute trip into the city, and I get some regular exercise everyday.   Braunschweig has an excellent tram system, the trams run every 10 minutes from this stop and it makes travelling about so easy.  I can, of course, catch a bus from outside my flat and travel to the tram stop without walking very far.  I save that for lazy, hot days.  Someone on the bus told me today that this Wednesday 25c is predicted.  Nice than in the UK at the moment.

The view from my window towards Weserstrasse tram stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment