Saturday 1 September 2012

Brian and Norbert go to their Winter Quarters in Querum.

 
Mr Edward Bear looks somewhat startled to have both Brian and Norbert the Blue Rabbit sitting on his lap, usually it is only Norbert who stays with him for the winter.  This year I thought it kinder to let the two lads stay together, and on Monday I will fly home without them.  Last year J knitted a really nice new winter hat for Norbert, as the German winter got  a bit chilly around his ears.   This year I hope she is able to knit something warm for Brian, who has recently grown some tufts of hair between his ears.  Oh dear, my visit this year is at an end, and parting from the lads this afternoon proved to be a sad moment.  Never mind, I will be back in 2013 to collect them from Querum, and take them back to their proper home in Timmerlah.

 
An amazing "Blue Moon" shone last night, did anyone else see her?    I awoke at 04.30 with too much on my mind, busily thinking about all the things I must remember to take home.   I had to get up, so I made a cup of moonlight tea, and then photographed the full Blue Moon.  This sight is a rarity, hence the saying, "Once in a Blue Moon."

No comments:

Post a Comment