Thursday 3 May 2012

"Graff" my favourite Braunschweig Bookshop.

The main entrance to "Graff" in a pedestrian precinct.
I often write about "Graff" the wonderful bookshop in Braunschweig., and here are some photos to give you an idea of how nice it is.   On the ground floor are magazines, newspapers, postcards, birthday gifts and the main counter for purchases and paying bills.  On the three other floors you can find books of all descriptions, a large selection of English novels and the classics, audio books, music scores and classical and pop CDs, DVDs, a children's department and anything in the book world you might like to order or buy.  It is a good place to be on a wet day, tucked in a corner reading while hoping the rain stops.
On the first floor with the general non fiction.
This photo above shows the view from my corner, with books about travel and cities throughout the world and other non fiction.
My cosy corner amongst the ferns.
I claim this corner as my own, although often someone else has the audacity to sit here, and then I have to share it.   Worse still are noisy toddlers, I try to be patient, but...............
View of the ground floor from the staircase.
The shop has a lovely light atmosphere, and the upper floors are reached by a central staircase or in a glass enclosed lift.   In the cafe you can buy a coffee, tea, hot chocolate and very tasty looking cake, (I try to avoid the pastries)  and then you sit in the shade on the open air terrace.  It is a lovely place to spend time chatting to friends and doing nothing in particular, except thinking about what sort of cake you could be eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment