Tuesday 29 May 2012

A Quick Writeup after Watching an Exhausting Game of Tennis.

The view from my front window of two hot air balloons wafting over the Windpark, with a distant "Brocken" on the skyline to the left.

Did anyone else watch the tennis match tonight between Serena Williams and Virginie Razzano?  I almost walked out of the room, the tension was too much to bear.  The French player eventually won, but after unbearable tension in the crowd and some slightly odd line calls from the umpire.

I have been sneezing all day, which is a bit of a nuisance in "Graff" the book shop, where everyone is heads down and reading quietly.  There must be something in the air!   Yesterday was Pfingsten, Whitmonday and a public holiday here.  The week already feels out of joint, as today feels like Monday!   I haven't much to report really, I withdraw some cash for my trip to Hamburg this coming weekend, and bought myself a new black handbag, one that goes over my head and across my chest.   It's hands free, and is safe for carrying valuables and cash. 

I forgot to take my camera with me today, so missed several good photo opportunities, but I will make up for it tomorrow when  I meet my "English Speaking" walking group in the Buergerpark.  We will wander along the banks of the River Oker and admire the scenery in English.  Goodnight, sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment