Friday 16 August 2013

It's Time to Say "Aufwiedersehen" Again!

 Biscuits, home made chocolate fudge, other delicacies, and a good cup of English tea.

It was goodbye to J & G in Querum yesterday afternoon, and again in the evening to my friends in the choir.   It was chocolate all round last night, as I took three boxes of chocolates to celebrate my leaving,  and another soprano who had recently returned from holiday in Poland, had brought in a box of chocolate covered plums.   Well, what a delicacy and so difficult to resist.   This morning I am suffering from a headache.  Chocolate does not really agree with me, but it is so tempting when displayed right under my nose!

I find this part of my visit here every year rather depressing, as I have to say goodbye to all my friends.  I know I will return next year, but every year it gets a little more difficult to leave.  But the autumn singing season awaits me in Devizes, and I am interested to know exactly what music we will be singing.   We will sing the usual carols at Christmas, but also one or two other short pieces that will be new to me.   The Marlborough choir may perform Bach's B minor, a work I have always wanted to sing.  The choice of work was made by Simon our previous conductor, who has now left to take up a position at Worcester Cathedral Choir School.  Let's hope the new Marlborough College conductor has not changed his choice.

 More Chocolates.

I must not eat chocolate, as it always gives me a headache!  This evening  our music group are having a garden party, with singing and making music in the fresh air and eating more chocolate and drinking beer.  Life is so difficult at times!

What is this?

This, and many more like it are growing in J's greenhouse among the tomato plants.  It has a fleshy, star shaped base, with a soft, bulbous mushroom growing out of the top.   Please send me the answer post haste!

No comments:

Post a Comment