Tuesday 20 August 2013

Last Post from Timmerlah.

My home tucked away in a quiet corner of Timmerlah.

After a morning of intensive cleaning and floor washing, I had a lunch of "bits that needed using up and a cuppa."  Then a last trip on the tram to the railway station, where I bought my one way Wednesday ticket to Hanover Airport, leaving on the 09.20 train.   I had to use the automatic ticket machine, which is not my favourite method of purchase, but in Germany it is not possible to buy a ticket on the train.   I did some last minute shopping, went back home,  put my feet up and drank another cuppa!   This is not very interesting news, although it is of great importance to me.

After a bite to eat this evening,  I did a last trip to the rubbish disposal point, and then took my usual walk around the Timmerlah fields.  I am sad to leave this year, but my other life in Devizes awaits me, and September heralds the start of the singing season, and it will be good to get back, see all my friends and to sing my socks off!   This blog will soon morph into the Devizes version, the address of which will appear soon.  Watch this space.

Walking towards Weststadt, where at the end of the path,  I turn right... 

I turned right and walked towards the railway line behind the row of trees. At the end of the path, I turned right once again.

Having turned right, I can see a distant Timmerlah, with my home far left on the horizon.

Sunset over my 2013 visit to Timmerlah and Braunschweig.



No comments:

Post a Comment