Monday 11 April 2016

A "Pile of Stuff" is Building in a Corner!

The "Teabags"  some of the most important things I must take with me.

With three weeks to go before I fly to Hanover, I have begun buying stuff to take away with me, all the important things I cannot buy in Germany.   The most important of these is a big box of good, strong English tea, the like of which I cannot buy in Braunschweig.   I do not wish to upset anyone, but I do not enjoy drinking the fragrant types of tea, what I describe as weak, coloured water, although some might not agree with me.

My suitcase is the large, black object at the back, with my computer case next to, and a plastic bag of sesame crunches to keep me going during my journey, should I feel peckish!   I arrive at my flat in Timmerlah at lunch time on Wednesday 4th, and will take enough goodies with me for the following day which is "Christi Himmelfahrt," Ascension Day, when all the shops will be closed, and I cannot walk to the REWE supermarket in Weststadt.

My lovely landlady will buy rolls, eggs, cheese and some basics for me, and I shall dine out for a day on noodles, topped with cheese, tomatoes, some salad stuff and Cox's Orange Pippins!    I can't wait to get going now!





1 comment: