Sunday 24 April 2016

Big Panic on Thursday Evening!

The view across the fields from my front window, out towards the Brocken.
 
The preparations for my departure are well under way, with most of the essentials packed into my case.  I had a big panic on Thursday evening, when I couldn't find my EHIC, the European health card, that enables me to receive medical treatment in Germany.
 
I searched high and low, went through my case, the PC bag, checked inside all my documents and searched everywhere, and it was not to be found.  I got straight onto the NHS website, contacted the appropriate office, and they will send out a new card this week.  I found out that it is not necessary to carry this card, for as long as I are registered with them, I am entitled to medical treatment in Germany, although I have travel insurance too.
 
For one moment on Thursday I thought the end of the world had come,  but life goes on, with the help of the nice chap on the NHS website.  Thank you, whoever you are.


 

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Now the original one will appear...probably! Happy packing! (I'm packing , too, for a week in Cornwall, my first holiday since ours in Torquay...getting excited!) XX

    ReplyDelete