Thursday 25 August 2016

A Lot of "Hair" in the Burgplatz!

The audience gathering near the drinks marquee before the performance.
 
The performance started at 7.30pm, and this photo taken at around 7.10pm shows how gloomy it was, just after the heavy rain had stopped.   Amazingly twenty minutes later, as we all started to find our seats, blue sky appeared, and the rest of the evening was dry if a little muggy. 

A sneaky view of the dancers!
 
It was a good performance, with excellent singing and energetic dancing.  The orchestra was a little too loud at times, which drowned out the singing, but the message came across well, that it is better to make love rather than war.  The world never learns does it! 

The Lion Monument in the Burgplatz takes centre stage each year.
 
I must confess to having a few problems with theatre in the round, which I find a distraction from the main, central action.   "Hair" of course, is about free living, drug taking and love making, and trying to watch the main action, whilst couples simulate sex  to the right and left of  the stage, was a little disconcerting!     I must be getting old.
 
I am busy packing my suitcase for my return next Wednesday 31st August.   I am sorry to leave my adopted second life, but my English life in Devizes is about to begin again.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment