Friday 26 August 2016

Eating yummy Cake in Waggum

Abschieds Parties No 3 and 4.   Look at the splendour of the cakes.
 
It is "Aufwiedersehen" time again, and my stay here rapidly comes to an end.  The four months has flown by, and I leave on Wednesday 31st August, to pick up my English life again.
 
I met two friends for tea in Waggum, a little town just outside , to say "goodbye, see you in Bath!"   The Waggum Ladies Choir hopes to visit Bath in May 2017, so saying goodbye this year has a special meaning, as we will all meet up again on my home ground.


The pond in the garden.
 
It was a really hot day, and I think the photos show the humid 32c heat reflected on the pond water.  The fish seem to be in the coolest place, and were on the surface as they had just been fed.  You can just see an plastic line at the bottom right of the photo.   This is part of the "heron defence" system, with lines stretched around the pond preventing any hungry herons from landing, and eating goldfish for tea.
 
The lily pads with lots of frogs sitting about, although difficult to see.

My two friends chatting in the lower part of the shady garden. 
 
It was soooooo hot. 
Back in Devizes on Wednesday 31st  for the start of "My Life as a Brit."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment