Friday 26 August 2016

Stinking hot in Braunschweig.

 The insect eating plant house in Braunschweig's Botanical Garden.

I took these photos last Wednesday, when the temperature was only 30c!  On Thursday it had risen to 33c, and today Friday it is 35c, and much too hot to do anything. I thought I had got away with coolish weather this year, as overall,  my stay this year has seen the worst weather ever.  I was very surprised however to read, that  my final days here would be spent in temps of over 30c.

Some whispy clouds have appeared in the sky, which is a sure sign that the weather will soon change, and that cannot come too quickly for me.

I fly back on Wednesday 31st August, leaving behind temperatures in the mid 20s.  I shall not be sorry to come back to the cool dampness of English weather!   (and a big plate of fish and chips.)


The Cactus House
 
My favourite seat near the Biology department of the University.

A big plant with big leaves. That is all I know about this monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment