Monday 2 May 2016

My Last Words from Devizes!


The view towards the "Brocken" from the front window of my flat.
My suitcase is now packed, and its contents have been checked and rechecked several time over the last few days.   Today I had to wear "shabby chic,"  old leggings, tatty blouse and cardigan, and all the moth eaten stuff I am not taking with me.   My PC case if similarly packed to the hilt, with all my gadgetry and accompanying cables, rechargers and headphones.   

There are so many bits and pieces to remember, and this year I am also taking my mini USB fresh-air fan, just in case there is a heatwave while I´m away.  That of course also has a vital USB cable to make it work.

I leave on the 15.45 train on Tuesday 3rd, May for a night with my friend in Dorking, and on Wednesday 4th, a taxi will pick me up from her house at 05.30 to take me to London Heathrow Airport.  My flight leaves at 08.00 (hopefully)  and I should land in Hannover at 10.30 German time.   My friend Dorothea will pick me up from the airport, and with luck, I will be back in my lovely flat my midday!  The first thing I will do is to make a good, strong cup of English tea!



2 comments:

  1. Bon voyage, dear Vicki. As usual, I'll miss you, but will look forward to reading your blog. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good flight! We are looking forward to see you in the evening!

    ReplyDelete