Thursday 23 June 2016

A Big German Breakfast in Klein Gleidigen.

 Mrs Cow stands at the entrance to the cafe.
 
I am rather behind with all the news, as at the moment I am somewhat preoccupied with news from the Old British Empire HQ!  Are we going backwards? I certainly hope not, as I will vote IN for racial harmony, and not for years of constitutional chaos.
  
Our wonderful breakfast spread, almost a day´s food in one sitting.

We met in a lovely café for breakfast, which in German is more like our breakfast and lunch rolled in together.  I have learned to enjoy big breakfast, which keep me going sometime until an evening meal.   We enjoyed the German bread rolls, all crisp and seedy, with mixture of sliced meats and cheeses, with fruit to freshen the taste buds. 

The cuckoo clock hanging on the wall, right of centre, cuckooed out the time of day.

The interior was a collector's delight, with assorted cowbells, jugs, pictures, typewriters, and much more adorning the walls, ceilings and shelving.  I particularly liked the cuckoo clock, who popped out from time to time to cuckoo the time of day.   I must buy a cuckoo clock, one which I can silence at night, as they are so amusing to listen to.  The one, pictured bottom right near the red curtain, was hand carved in Bavaria, and was beautifully made.  I want one!

 Buying enormous hunks of German cake at the shop.
 
All the produce was made on the premises, but I avoided buying some, as I need to keep my trousers lose fitting, and come back to the UK weighing less than when I flew out to Hannover.
 
Christmas dinner? 
 
A cosy little corner, where, because of the inclement weather, we could not sit out in the fresh air.
 
It was a shame not to be outside, as sitting underneath yellow a umbrella that enhances the sunlight, is a pleasure in itself.  I hope I can pay another visit to this café before I fly home, and will choose some nice weather in which to invite friends to join me for a rock solid German breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment