Wednesday 29 June 2016

Off to Insel Rügen on the Baltic Coast.

 
 Insel Rügen, the largest island off the Baltic Sea coast in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
I am staying in the Strand Hotel in Baabe, on the map far right, just inland from Sellin. 
 
I´m travelling with my Timmerlah neighbours, who hire a coach every year for their annual holiday to somewhere interesting.   In previous years I´ve been to Rostock, Heidelberg and Essen und the Ruhr with the group, who have a habit of travelling a few miles, and then stopping to drink Schnapps.  I do not partake, as the stuff knocks me out and sends me to sleep all within 10 minutes!

 
The beautiful pier at Sellin, near our hotel.
 
Each day we will visit somewhere interesting with the coach, so I expect a trip all around the island.  I hope to walk this pier, which looks so attractive.  In the foreground you can see those lovely basket weave deckchairs, so loved by the Germans.  I wish we had them in England, rather than our old deckchairs , that trap your fingers in the woodwork if you are not careful.
 
More news when I return on Sunday July 3rd.
 
Best wishes to all my friends in Little England.  How times have changed for the worst.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment