Saturday 16 June 2012

Blowing a "Gale of Wind" and raining "Cats and Dogs."

Poppies in the cornfield last week when the sun was shining. 

It is not nice here today, a strong wind is blowing the windmills around at a rate of knots, and the rain keeps dashing itself against my windows.   After a busy week with the American lads, I decided this morning to have a day of doing as little as possible.  The decision was helped by the foul weather, so at 6.30am I made a cuppa, went back to bed and slept til 8.30am, which is very late for me. 

I switched on the box (and the heating,) and watched a repeat of the England game from last night, as I given up at half time when we were a goal behind.    CET, Central European Time is an hour ahead GMT, so the match here was due to finish around 11pm, which is much too late for my eyelids to remain open.  I get so stressed when I want a particular team to win and then cannot sleep,  so I've decided only to watch repeats of the England matches when I know the final score.  That way my fingernails might survive for an extra few days!

I did venture out mid morning, as I'd run out of sugar and I need my sweet fix first thing in the morning.  I caught the bus to the local supermarket, idled around the aisles, bought sugar lumps, mixed salad stuff, smelly cheese and some fresh peaches, and then caught the next bus back to Timmerlah.

I met a friend at the bus stop, where we sat and moaned about the weather, (in English and German,) while watching the cars and bedraggled cyclists drive through the puddles.   The bus arrived  almost empty, as "The Sensible" were indoors drinking tea/coffee and eating wurst/cheese.  I got home and joined them, with tea/tomato sandwich.  It is supposed to be better tomorrow, with just a few showers and temperatures of around 23c.  We shall see, fingers crossed pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment