Friday 8 July 2016

Day 4. Homeward bound from Baabe back to Timmerlah.

 The lovely coastline with beach basket seats at Baabe on the Baltic Sea.
 
At the moment I am suffering from information overload, so I am resorting to using Wiki articles to give you more information.  All I can say about the whole four days holiday, is that I had the most wonderful time with a lovely group of my neighbours here in Timmerlah.  The weather was good, apart from on the Friday, which coincided with the boat trip from Sassnitz, but apart from that, it stayed warm and the sun shone on us all.
 

Baabe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baabe

Baabe is a municipality in the Vorpommern-Rügen district, in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany.. Aerial view of Baabe facing its sandy beaches of the Baltic Sea.


 Crossing the new bridge over the River Elbe at Dömitz.
 
The old bridge was destroyed in April 1945, and this new one was built in the 1990s.  Friends tell me they can remember crossing the river on the ferry, which operated across the river.
 
 One of our many stops  for refreshments and you know what!
 
Poor Werner, the chap on walking sticks, had an operation on his Achilles tendon just before the trip, but he managed to take part in most of the planned visits. 

 A section of the old Dömitz bridge over the River Elbe.

German lemon cake and a cuppa (not quite) English tea.
 
On the return journey we stopped at a Gasthof in Hitzacker for tea/coffee and cake.
 
I must say thank you to Wikipedia for all the information about the various places I visit. 
Once again I have to say what a wonderful holiday with lovely people, and I feel so lucky to be able to spend so much time wandering around the land of my favourite composer Johanne Sebastien Bach.  I really must have germanic genes in my blood.
 

Hitzacker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitzacker_(Elbe)

Hitzacker is a town in the Lüchow-Dannenberg district of Lower Saxony, Germany. It is situated on the river Elbe, approx. 8 km north of Dannenberg, and 45 ...

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment