Saturday 23 July 2016

Day 5, and back from Hamburg to Braunschweig on the ICE.

 Back from Hamburg to this view outside my lounge window.
 
I left a really crowded Hamburg station last Friday, and I´m now happily ensconced in my Timmerlah flat, with this lovely view from my window.
 
The journey was uneventful, although the train was ten minutes late, owing to a technical problem with an earlier train.  The demand on German train services continues to outstrip available trains, so Deutsche Bahn have introduced double decker IC trains, the intercity trains that provide a slower service than the ICE expresses.  It is a pity that in GB we cannot have double decker carriages, as these double passenger capacity at the drop of a hat.


My feet have now returned to their rightful position on the coffee table in front of the tv, and have been watching the Tour de France.  Long my it last!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment