Friday 20 July 2012

A Weekend in Remscheid, southeast of Dusseldorf.

The Wilhelm Roentgen Museum in Remscheid.
Well wonders will never cease!   This morning it is bright and sunny, just in time to take the sunshine with me to my friends in Remscheid.  I must not speak too soon, as the weather has had a tendency to change at the snap of my fingers recently.   I'll catch the 14.51 train from Braunschweig and will arrive in Wuppertal at 18.12, to be met by my friends who'll take me by car back to their home.

Last night on "Radio Okerwelle" our choir sounded wonderful.  The broadcast lasted an hour, and our conductor and members of the committee talked about the history of the choir and its members.

The photo above shows the "Roentgen Museum" in Remscheid, which I'd like  to visit.  Wilhelm Roentgen discovered X-rays in 1895, and received the Nobel Peace Prize for Physics in 1901.   Roentgenium, element 111, is named in his honour.

I return in the evening of Monday July 23rd, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment