Saturday 7 July 2012

Breakfast in Gliesmarode

Members of all four English groups met on Friday morning for breakfast at the Gliesmarode Community centre. We sat outside in the warm sunshine and enjoyed a healthy breakfast of wholemeal rolls, cheese, dips, salads and fruit, together with fruit juice, tea and coffee. It was a lovely occasion and so nice to meet everyone on a social occasion, and not in the more formal setting of an English class.   We met at 10am and had breakfast and then I gave my talk about life in Devizes at 11am.   We all had a good time, and the following photos give you some idea of what a happy occasion it was.  I had two rolls by the way, filled with cheese and accompanied by a bowl of salad covered in a garlic dip.  I later attacked the bowl of fruit and ate too many plums.

Below Axel the tutor, attempts to fit everyone into the room.  It was a warm day and we had to put extra blackouts up at the windows to darken the room, so that my photos could be more easily seen.   About 24 people attended and we all managed to sit comfortably in the room and watch life in Devizes unfold.

Are you sitting comfortably?
Me, my laptop, the projector and some of the lovely audience.
The talk on Friday was the third one in a week.  On Tuesday evening I talked and showed the photos to a group who meet weekly near BS station, and on Wednesday I gave the talk to a group at the AWO in Frankfurterstrasse. 

All the groups found the talk interesting and thought the photos of Devizes wonderful.  It's not me, it's my camera, which seems to be "idiot proof."  I'd also given the talk the week before to Guenter's group, and the week before that to the DEG.  Everyone in Braunschweig knows about Devizes.




.


No comments:

Post a Comment