Monday 11 June 2012

Quiet Sunday, busy Monday

The view towards Timmerlah village from my third window, with the disused petrol station in the background.
Sunday was quiet, although I had a good 3.5 mile walk in the morning and then came home for the men's tennis final from Paris.  I wanted Djokovic to win, but he seemed rather subdued, and only woke up in the third set.  Then rain stopped play, which was a pity for Novak who was just starting to get his act together. Never mind, Nadal was the better player on the day, but I was cheering for Novak, (so good looking and alive!)

Just a few lines tonight, as I'm watching England v France, (1-1 at the moment) and I was out all day at the English classes in the morning, and then went to Querum to see J&G in the afternoon, where I ate some nice strawberry flan and cream, (well two pieces actually.)  I took my pc, as I'm doing a talk for J&G's English groups, and we needed to sort out some of the English vocabulary beforehand.  J and I had a nice walk over the meadows, the sun shone and "everything in the garden was rosy!"  

Tomorrow two friends from Oregan in the USA visit me to see Timmerlah, the place where their great, great, grandfather lived and worked way back in the 1840's.  Last year their father contacted me via my blog, and I did a little research into his family's history and sent photos of Timmerlah church, a place that must have figured in his great grandfather's life.  We will visit the church and some of the older, half timbered buildings in the village, and then go into BS to St Katharinen's church where another relative was christened in ca. 1880.  More news tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment