Friday 8 June 2012

The "Rickmer Rickmers" in Hamburg Harbour.

Two final photos from my lovely weekend in Hamburg.  The weather was cold, but I think you can deduce that from the atmosphere of the photos.  We wrapped up warmly and managed to brave the elements in thick jackets and socks.  This three masted bark is now a museum, and to save me writing too much this morning, please take a look at the following website, which will come up in German but can be translated into English by clicking the approporiate button to the left of the page:

Rickmer Rickmers (Schiff) – Wikipedia de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickmer_Rickmers_(Schiff)

The "Rickmer Rickmers" in Hamburg Harbour.
Next time I visit Hamburg, I would like to go on board and read and experience the history of this ship.   She looks so smart in racing green, white and red.  More of this week's news later.
The three masted bark  is now a floating museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment