Thursday 20 June 2013

Searching for Shady Corners in the Botanical Gardens.

The shady nook by the stream, where just out of shot to the left, sits a bronze statue of a naked lady, who allows the waterfall to flow almost over her toes.

It is so hot here, the temperature reached 34c on Wednesday, and today it will be a little cooler at 31c.  Not a lot of difference really.  On days like this,  I'm forced to ride the buses and trams, as to walk across the unshaded corn fields from Timmerlah to the tram stop, would mean certain gasping for breath and near dehydration.   I really hate the heat, as it makes me very lazy, and sends me searching for cool arbors and shady nooks and drinks of water.   

In the arbor looking out towards the herb garden.

My usual cool retreat is to the lovely Botanical Gardens in BS, where there are so many places to sit, read and remain cool.  Everyone else has the same idea of course, and someone had the audacity to be sitting in my favourite corner.  I had to find another seat, not quite so ideal, but it was cool, and a gentle breeze was blowing through the leaves above my head.

With the bronze plants in a cool corner.

While sitting here, looking out at the bronze daisies, I found a photo in the local paper of our choir's singing festival in Thune last Saturday evening.   My face can be clearly seen, but quite what song we are singing I cannot guess!  Fame at last!  

The white rose garden bathed in sunshine, seen from yet another arbor.

 I sat here last year, when the flowers were in full bloom, and the wafting scent of the roses was wonderful.   That was until an elderly man arrived, who sat down beside me and promptly lit his stinky, smoky pipe.   I decided to find myself another seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment