Tuesday 24 April 2012

A busy Monday, a quieter but wet Tuesday.

My view  on a wet day towards the "Brocken" and Zephyrus (left) on the hill.
Monday was busy!  I visited the two English groups, shed a tear or two at the reunion with friends, drank a drop of Monika's wine and ate humbugs.   It was good to be in my second home again.  The tram is now running again from Weserstrasse near Timmerlah,  to Bahnhof Gliesmarode, so my ride to the classes on a Monday morning is now so easy.  It has taken two years to build a new bridge, one firm went bust in the middle of building, which delayed its completion,  and last year I had to change from the tram to a bus to do the last part of the journey, which avoided the bridge.   Now I can do the trip in one hop.

At 2pm I travelled into the city, where I purchased my new Senioren-Monatskarte for 48.50 Euros, (no free travel here for oldies) from a  friendly lady in the ticket kiosk.   She remembered me from last year, and now I can ride around the city, especially on the trams, at will 

Last night was a large beer and pizza evening with friends from the English groups in "Paco Pizzeria"  near the Botanical Gardens.  I ate too much pizza, but drank enough beer, and came home needing to sleep.   I am now fasting until this afternoon, (water only) when I visit Janet and Geunter in Querum, where I shall break my very temporary fast, and eat some of her delicious homemade Kuchen, I hope! 

The day started wet, but is now much brighter, and a watery sun is trying to emerge from the cloud.  Some of you will remember Zephyrus, (the Greek god of the west wind)  the active windmill on the hill that does more work than the rest put together.   Well he is still turning and turning on his hilltop, amongst his lazier pals in the Windpark.  Tomorrow we expect warm sunshine and temperatures of 20 to 25c.  Yippeeeee!  Warmth at last.


No comments:

Post a Comment