Monday 23 April 2012

I Arrived Late but Safely.

Flybe "Bombadier" with wings and engines and the remains of a hailstorm.
On Saturday I wrote about what should happen on my journey, well, forget all that, it all changed on the day!  At the last minute I took a taxi to Southampton.  It cost, but was door to door, and saved me lugging a really heavy suitcase on and off trains and buses.  That meant I arrived far too early at the airport, and had to twiddle my thumbs for three hours.  The plane should have taken off at 13.50, but suddenly we heard the familiar, "Ding Dong, we are sorry to announce that flight BE 1725 to Hannover is delayed for technical reasons.  A further announcement will be made at 14.15."   

At 14. 25 we eventually boarded and took off at 14.40, almost an hour late.  Anyway, all went well apart from having to dodge thunderstorms and with delays with air traffic control over Gatwick because of the weather.  After a bumpy flight we landed in Hannover at 17.20 only 40 minutes late, which did not please my taxi driver, who had been hanging around, waiting to drive me to my door in Timmerlah.

All is well, that flat is as if I never left last October, completely home from home.  I have a nice new widescreen tv, and the German seems competely normal.  I visit the two English groups today, I  must buy some food, and properly organise my flat, but I slept like a log last night, so feel ready to face the Braunschweig world!

No comments:

Post a Comment