Monday 30 April 2012

Flat Fields, North, South, East and West.

Flat fields looking towards Timmerlah Wood
Timmerlah and the surrounding area is a walkers' paradise.  Whichever way you look the land is flat, and these photos were taken on a walk I make regularly in the evenings, a nice circular walk  around the village with not a hill in sight.   The fields are grass green this year, last year they were filled with wheat and sugar beet, Germany being one of the biggest producers of beet in the EU.  Last year I thought the crop were turnips, that was until my friend, a farmer's wife, put me right.   I must read, "I Spy, Know your Crops and Assorted Vegetables" in German.

Just a short write up tonight, as it has been a busy day, and I will write more tomorrow.  It is very warm here, 24c today with wall to wall sunshine.   A little too warm for me, so I will send some sun now to my wet and windy Wiltshire homeland across the North Sea.
The onion tower of Timmerlah Church set amid the houses.
.

Yet more flat fields in Timmerlah.

No comments:

Post a Comment