Wednesday 25 April 2012

Nobert has come home!

Brian, Mr Edward Bear and Norbert enjoy a hug!
We had a big reunion yesterday, and a bit of sillyness, when I visited J&G in Querum to collect Norbert, who had spent the winter with his German cousin.  I took little One Eyed Brian with me, and we all meet on the doorstep for an emotional reunion after six months apart.   We chatted and chatted about all the news since I left last October and we all had a good time.   J&G each have a 3G Kindle, and it was interesting to find out what the gadgets can do.  I want one!  Mind you, I have enough gadgets already.  Janet cooked a delicious meal of salmon with pasta and salad, and after a wonderful afternoon and evening I arrived home around 9.20pm.  

The photo left, shows One Eyed Brian, with Mr Edward Bear and with Norbert (named after an European freight company) sitting on his shoulder.  Norbert resides in Timmerlah in the summer months.   I promise, that this blog will get a little more serious once all the initial reunions are out of the way.   Tonight I am seeing a performance of "A Midsummer Night's Dream," (performed in English) which I am seeing with friends in a small theatre in Braunschweig.

This baby llama was born to Simon (Janet's son) and his wife's llama last week.  It arrived completely unexpectedly, as the woolliness of its mother, meant that no one could see that she was pregnant.  Stella arrived home to find to find the baby half born, and had to help its mother give birth.  The llamas live on a smallholding in Brandenburg, near Berlin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment