Tuesday 21 August 2012

"Raindrops Keep Falling on my Window"

Raindrops on the window and a flood in the road.
After several days of scorching heat, at long last  the thunder, lightning and heavy rain has arrived, and once again it is lovely and cool.  Thank goodness, I can now begin to feel my normal self, and today  I had a good walk, the first for several days.  The day has been quiet after  yesterday's drinking of wine,  eating of  crisps and saying goodbyes.  I did some shopping and also popped into town and bought a book about German history, written in German, and which will take me some time to read.  It is full of interesting pictures, and I do like a book with lots of coloured pictures and photographs.  I will start to read it tonight after I've watched a programme about  Africa's Rift Valley and the animals and people who live there. 

I watched tennis  from Cincinnati last week, but this week everytime I check Eurosport, lots of young women are chasing a white ball around a football pitch.   I'm not keen on football regardless of whoever is playing, but I have a friend who likes to watch the women play, just in case they exchange shirts at the end of the match!

The storm is passing over, and the rain is so heavy that Weststadt has disappeared into a mist,  ohhh, just had a big flash of lightning, and I'm waiting for the bang!   Rumble! Bang!!   It's time now to make a cup of tea, and watch the elephants dusting themselves in the hot sand beside and an African lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment