Sunday 12 August 2012

Goodbyes at Hannover Airport


After a lovely week of visits, walks and having cups of tea made for me, P went home to Salisbury today.   We caught an early bus and train to the airport, and arrived in plenty of time to have lunch and a drink.  The plane was on time, and we said our goodbyes as P went into the departure lounge and duty free shop to buy a few presents for her family.   I came home alone, and there was no one here to make me a good cup of tea!  I shall miss my friend.  We had a good week together, thankfully in cool weather, as neither of us would have been very happy if the temperatures had been too hot. 

On Saturday we visited friends in Bortfeld, and walked along the towpath of the Strichkanal-Salzgitter from Timmerlah to their house and back, a total distance of 18km.   We walked at a gentle pace, and fortunately my left ankle, which can cause me pain at times, was no trouble at all.  The sun shone and it was a good way to end a lovely week. 

I checked the flight arrivals at Southampton Airport at 19.00 CET, and P's plane had landed safely at 17.52 GMT, a few minutes ahead of schedule.  Later I shall watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics on Eurosport, and I will now have to make my own cups of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment