Monday 20 August 2012

"So Long, Farewell, auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye"

There were "auf Wiedersehen" parties at the English groups this morning, as today was my last visit of the year.  I took plenty of snacks, bottles of wine and water, and as it was impossibly hot, we sat in the shade  in the garden and hoped that the gentle breeze would cool us down.  It has become very cloudy and humid, and tomorrow the temperature will be down to 28c with storms and heavy rain forecast.   Thank goodness, as living in a heatwave is my idea of hell.   I had to drink a toast in all three groups, only a small glassful, but I now feel merry and sleepy.    The photo shows us sitting on the terrace outside the community centre in Gliesmaroder, and on the tables can be seen the remains of our party.  None of us felt like doing any work, so we chatted, drank wine and had a good time.  

It's Tuesday morning and I have a slight hangover.   Serves me right!

No comments:

Post a Comment