Sunday 26 August 2012

Housework and Suitcase Packing.

My flat is looking very clean and tidy, as this morning I launched myself  into hectic cleaning, dusting and floor washing, activities I have neglected for the last five months, as I'm no fan of housework.  I travel to Dresden on Monday morning, and will visit Meissen on Tuesday, and hopefully take a boat trip along the River Elbe on Wednesday.  I hope the weather will be good for the visit, and B, my email partner in the city, tells me it will sunny.   I'm in the process of packing two suitcases at the moment, the small one for Dresden, and the big one for my flight home on Sept 3rd, which is lying on the floor and gradually filling up with stuff to take back, and  I must remember I can only take 20kgs. 

This is my last blog entry until I return to Timmerlah on Thursday August 30th, when I will post all the Dresden and Meissen news.  It's not a very nice day here today, with heavy rain this afternoon and a strong wind.  The autumn has arrived and the leaves are turning brown.
 
 
The skyline of Dresden, with the rebuilt Frauenkirche to the left, the Town Hall centre, and the Semper Opera to the right.

 
The Meissen skyline, with the River Elbe, and the Cathedral and Castle to the right.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment