Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bone Idle in Braunschweig.

Today I've done nothing much except  walk to Weststadt to do  some food shopping,  catch the bus back to Timmerlah in 25c of hot sunshine, watch tennis from Cincinnati and ponder the niceties of an idle life watching telly, drinking tea and sitting in the garden in the warm sunshine.   I answered some neglected emails and also sorted through my many photos, and found these two most amusing ones.  The one on the left from Leipzig station reads, "Hands free peeing is forbidden," and the other from Vienenburg station, where the sign means, "do not walk any further down the platform,"  someone has named the figure "Uwe."   I don't know what happened to July, I had so many interesting visits during the month, that 31 days of my life shot past in a flash.   I can now sit and reflect on my good fortune at being able to live in Lower Saxony every summer, I am very lucky. 

The weather here is hotting up, and I read that over the weekend the temperature is expected to reach 30c.  I think Sunday will be an "indoors with the blinds down watching tennis and drinking tea" day.   I have one more visit at the end of August, and that is to meet my friend in Dresden for a visit to Meissen and the porcelain factory.  On my return to Timmerlah  I'll have three days to pack my case, find the vacuum cleaner and do some very necessary house work!


Uwe, the "don't walk any further down the platform" sign at Vienenburg station near Goslar.

No comments:

Post a Comment